Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Hopetown - Researching People of Interest

Are you aware of people surnamed Campbell, Sancho and Younge of Linden and elsewhere in Guyana? I am researching my maternal lineage. Also, my father is George Ross of Hopetown. One of his brothers resided at linden. My uncle is known to me as Smokey. I never knew his name. I am aware his surname is Ross. I am particularly interested in becoming enlightened, concerning the kinships of Campbell, Friday, Sancho and Young (Younge). I am aware; among my relatives are members of the kinships of Blair, Campbell, Martin, McAlmont, McPherson, Ross, Reddock, Sancho, Semple, Welch and Young, all of Hopetown and the other Villages of West Coast Berbice. My grandfather is Jacob Stanley Martin. My father is George Eleazar Ross (1908-2006). My grandmother is Blanche Ross (1893-1983). My great grandmother, the mother of Blanche Ross is Mary Maude McPherson. My Aunts and my Uncles are Hildred, Punnie, Gussy, Smokey, Felix, Jean, Marie Albert and Shirley; all are of Hopetown, West Coast Berbice. I would love to be enlightened concerning the dates of the deaths of the folks mentioned above and others of the village of Hopetown, West Coast Berbice. Thereby I could access the published reports of those events in the newspapers of that era – and thereby ascertain their immediate relatives and others of that era mentioned in those articles. I would be delighted to obtain and/or by all means access the list of shareholders of Hopetown, West Coast Berbice. I am told; Ruth Lara Semple is the mother of Anetha Jones, the wife of Rudy Kendall. She is regarded to be an immediate relative of my grandmother, Blanche Alberta Semple Ross (1893-1988). I am not sure how the relationship really is. I believe Ruth Laura Semple and Blanche Alberta Semple Ross (1893-1988) are either first-cousins or sisters. Again, I am not sure. I would dearly love to tap into the shared experience and ancestral heritage of the people of Hopetown, West Coast Berbice. It is also apparent to me my grandmother's residence was located in Firebrace. I remember it was about one lot from of the canal. I recall being told the neighbor to the west the residence of my grandmother is an immediate relative of the famous Rock Musician Eddy Grant. Perhaps you can point me to the relatives of folks mentioned in this correspondence. Is it possible for you to ask your relatives, friends, associates and your customers who are aware of the people of the communities found on the West Coast of the county of Berbice, to contact me? I would love to contact and communicate with the members of the kinship of Sancho of West Coast Berbice. I heard of Winston Lloyd Sancho of Profit, Shirley Sancho of Belladrum, and Earl Evan Sancho of Trafalgar. Indeed, I would love to bond the People of Sancho whoever they and wherever they are located. Hamilton, Joseph, McAlmont and Norville are known to be relatives of the kinship of Campbell of Hopetown, West Coast Berbice. The need is to link the kinship of Campbell of Hopetown to that of the kinship of Campbell, my great grandfather; James Campbell of Unity-Lancaster district. I have encountered Claudette C. Campbell in the Official Gazette of British Guiana. It is now my understanding; Claudette C. Campbell and Sherlock I. Norville is  married. The union produced at least one daughter. The daughter of Claudette C. Campbell and Sherlock I. Norville is married to a Hamilton. I believe the kinship of Norville reside in Brooklyn, New York City. I have heard of Rachael Campbell, the female National Cricketer. I am told a former Guyanese Law Enforcement Officer Young of Hopetown died Christmas day 2006 in California. I am also aware; in 1952, Jeannette Young was employed a Pupil Teacher at the Anglican Primary School in Hopetown. I would be extremely grateful when communications are established with Campbell, Sancho and Young of West Coast Berbice, and indeed members of those kinships of Guyana. I would be extremely grateful when communications are established with folks and/or researchers into the kinships of Campbell, Friday, Sancho and Young (Younge). I prefer email addresses and mailing addresses. I may be able to access Sherlock Norville of Beterverwagting and his wife Claudette Campbell of Hopetown, shortly. I am praying they will be able to point me to people of those locations of whom I have great interests – Campbell, Sancho and Young… I am also interested in learning about my heritage of my father's people of Hopetown, Martin, Blair, Semple, McPherson, Reddock, and Coddett…Who could point me to the relatives of Stanley Jacob Martin….and also the folks listed below? I am hereby seeking to contact and communicate with the researcher and/or researchers who are attempting to document the family history of the following; Charles McPherson (1877-1948) Hopetown, Berbice. Ruth Lara Semple, Hopetown, Berbice. John Luke (17__-18__) Simon McPherson Sophia Ross c.1881, Hopetown, Berbice. Mr. Ross, Master Carpenter Contractor, late in the nineteenth century in Hopetown, West Coast Berbice. Blanche Alberta Semple Ross (1893-1988) Jacob Stanley Martin Samuel Campbell John Blair Thomas Theophilus Thompson Hopetown: Hannah Reddock, Andrew Reddock, Priscilla McPherson, Lot 144, Section B, Firebrace Section Joseph H. T. Young, Lot 79/80, Section B, Firebrace Section Robert Campbell Source: The Official Gazette of British Guiana - January 13, 1934: page 83. HOPETOWN VILLAGE DISTRICT (1959) FIREBRACE DIVISION: Gladys Semple, Charles Blair, Mariette Albert, Martin Moriah, Abel McCammon, Boniface Brutus ST. JOHN DIVISION: Henry Blair, Joseph Haniff, Richard Thompson Source: Local Government Notices – the Official Gazette of British Guiana – Saturday, December 12, 1959: page 625 HOPETOWN CONGREGATIONAL SCHOOL: Verna Bruce, Pomelia Campbell, Annie Campbell, Waveney Edminds, Julia Garraway, Clarice Garraway, Josephine James, Annie Joseph, Verna Moriah, Gloria Munroe, Maureen McCalmon, Joyce Semple, Irene Young Source: Education Department Notices –Primary School Domestic Subjects Certificate Examination - the Official Gazette of British Guiana – Saturday, September 5, 1959: page 625. FIREBRACE AND ST. JOHN : HOPETOWN VILLAGE Venus Nedd, Albert McKenzie, James Ross, James Blair, Isabella Johnson and Louisa de Freitas - Lot 72, Firebrace, Hopetown. Ellen Ross, Simon Redock, Simon McPherson, Nancy Redock, Robert Campbell, Hannah Redock, Eliza McPherson, James Ebenezer McPherson, James Redock, Mary Jane Campbell, Philip Josiah McPherson, Patrick Cameron, Robert Theophilus Campbell, William David Redock, Venus McPherson, and Letitia McAlmont, Eliza McPherson, Theresa McPherson (married subsequent August 20, 1904 Simon McPherson), Charles McPherson, Joseph Ross, Mimmy Ross – Phillip Semple, Europa McPherson, John Amos Thompson, Edward Arthur, Princess Margery Johnson, W1/2 of 89 Section C, Firebrace, Hopetown Elizabeth Semple, Venus McPherson, Justina Semple, Augusta Hollingsworth, Arabella McPherson, Hendrina McPherson, Charles Cornelius McPherson (Schoolmaster), James McPherson, Eliza McPherson - Lot 138, Section B., Joseph Thomas Henry Young (Carpenter) Firebrace, Hopetown ST JOHN , HOPETOWN VILLAGE 1. Ellen Ross, Thomas Adolphus Thompson (Schoolmaster), Charles Alexander Clarke (Schoolmaster), Abel Johnson (Schoolmaster), Andriana Campbell, Burchell Thompson (Police Constable), Levy Benjamin Obermuller (Schoolmaster), John Zephaniah Peters (Schoolmaster), Jacob Martin (Police Constable), Phillip Semple, Betsy Thompson, Richard Thompson, Martha McAlmont, Abel McAlmont SOURCE: Official Gazette of British Guiana April, 1927: Pages 1121-1128 Please forward this email to everyone connected to Guyana - will you? Thanks for your time and your cooperation.  
R Researching - Sancho, Campbell, Friday, Young (Younge), Solomon, Erskine, Ross & Martin - Families of Guyana. History of Golden Grove and Nabaclis Village District, East Sea Coast Demerara, Guyana.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home